Thanks to Renaissance Guy at Significant Pursuit for my Kreativ Blogger award.
Apparently the idea of this meme is that I list seven things that I love, and then nominate seven other bloggers for the award. Being creative, however, I am going to alter it. It occurs to me that if each blogger so nominated does the same for seven more bloggers, who in turn each select seven more, and so on – even if you allow for some people being chosen more than once, it would not take long to expand to cover every single blog in the blogosphere.
No one knows quite how many that is, but reasonable estimates put it at over 100 million. At a rate of sevenfold increase per day, it would take eleven days to go from 1 to 282,475,249. It’s not that I begrudge the other 282,475,248 bloggers that award, but it’s the principle of the thing. And anyway, I don’t visit seven other blogs on a regular basis. (I read a suggestion today that if I visited more blogs and commented more, I’d get more comments here. But I’m trying to limit the time I spent on the internet, not increase it.)
Anyway, here’s my (creatively) altered version of the meme.
Here are seven things that I love:
- singing favorite hymns in four parts (I sing alto)
- wildflowers (black-eyed susans, Indian paintbrush, lots of others I don’t know the names of)
- looking at the sky in its many shades (though overcast is my least favorite)
- stuffed crust deluxe pizza (cheese in the crust, topped with bacon and sausage, onions, green peppers, maybe mushrooms and olives)
- finding the answer to something I have been wondering about
- hearing a child’s laughter (when it’s genuinely happy laughter, not teasing laughter)
- a cup of coffee made just right (not too weak or too strong, not too hot or not hot enough, just the right amount of hot chocolate powder and milk added)
Here are seven creative ideas (from Creative Writing Prompts):
- Make a list of: The Top 7 Things that Could Happen to Bad People
- List ten things you would buy with your last $20
- Use the first line of a nursery rhyme (take your pick) to start a story
- If an ATM could be custom created for you, what would it spew out instead of money?
- List 50 things you’ll never do
- Write about what you’d cook for an enemy
- If you could invent something to help mankind, what would it be?